Saturday, August 05, 2006

Related to Jesus and The Holy Grail

A recent novel received a seven figure advance for a book that revolves around the descendents of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. The author apparently has seen ancient family documents (presumably scrolls) that form the basis for the novels ideas.

The story reminded me of Monty Python:

The lady of the lake, her arms clad in the sheerest shimmering schamite (?), held aloft Excaliber, to exclaim that I Arthur shall become King of the Britons.

Eh, strange wimmin lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system
of government..... Listen, if I said I was an emperor just because
some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me they'd lock me away.....

It is interesting that the author was "laughed out of New York" a few years ago. Post DaVinci she is getting a better audience. Here is the title on Amazon just in case you want to improve its sales rank. I liked the review from PW "...unadorned facts numbingly narrated.." OK, so the quote might not be on point but it is still funny.

No comments: