Thursday, July 29, 2010

French For Bridge: France 1966

Suspended Bridge, Brittany France 1966
A weekly image from my archive. Click on the image to make it larger.

In the summer of 1966 the family packed up the car and went on our first family vacation to France. Actually it was my grand dad's station wagon and his presence on this trip five years into my parents marriage presaged his presence in almost every roll of film taken until about 1988. No matter the location. Or time of year. Or whether we were on vacation or not. This despite the fact he had four or five bed and breakfast hotels he owned in Manchester.

I remember little about this trip although I do remember it was a very hot August and we had to sprint across the beach because the sand got so hot. No doubt we traveled across this 'bridge' thingy and there may even be some in the audience that know where this is. I haven't a clue and I doubt it is still there.

No comments: