Friday, October 28, 2011

Boys on a Log - Bangkok August 1969

Bangkok August 1969
Another weekly image from my archive. Click on it to make it larger.

These boys all look happy and cheerful waving to the silly tourists out sightseeing.  This is old Bangkok where life centered around the rivers and klongs and, while some of this still exists to the north of Bangkok, you don't see scenes like this too much anymore.

In addition to the images I've posted on Flickr and those I've periodically posted on PND, I have now produced a Big Blurb Book: From the Archive 1960 -1980 of some of the images I really thought were special.

I now have an iPad version of this book for sale ($4.99) on the Blurb site which you can find here: STORE

I have to say, even on the iPad the book looks pretty good.

1 comment:

Sharon S. said...

Beautiful. I was fortunate to spend two weeks inland in Bali in summer 2010. Though the coast is overrun with tourists, inland still retains much beauty and peace. Your pic reminds me of my great adventure.