Friday, November 18, 2011

Lake Taupo and Mt Ruapehu, September 1971

Lake Taupo and Mt Ruapehu, September 1971
Another weekly image from my archive. Click on it to make it larger.

The PND family lived in New Zealand between 1969 and 1973.  With one  black and white TV channel there were few reasons to stay indoors.  A favorite place for week long visits was the Lake Taupo/Wairakei area which is located almost in the center of the North Island.

As you can see from this image it's (was) quite scenic.  There are hot pools and volcanic sites all around this area which make it even more interesting for young boys. So we had a lot of fun.  That's the family Brett's Peugeot up front on the highway.  Where they are now I have no idea.

In addition to the images I've posted on Flickr and those I've periodically posted on PND, I have now produced a Big Blurb Book: From the Archive 1960 -1980 of some of the images I really thought were special.

I now have an iPad version of this book for sale ($4.99) on the Blurb site which you can find here: STORE

I have to say, even on the iPad the book looks pretty good.

No comments: